Quitting is tough, and it’s important to reward yourself for your hard work. It’ll help you keep going strong!
Have you gone one day, one week, or one month without tobacco? How about longer? Here are some ways you can celebrate.
Smoking harms nearly every organ of the body. It can affect things from thinking clearly to working out. Now that you’ve quit, your body may feel different and you may enjoy doing different things.
- Go out to eat—you’ll be able to taste your food better.
- Try a new hobby—you’ll notice you have more energy than before you quit.
- Play a new sport—you’ll notice you can breathe easier than before you quit.
- Go stargazing at night—alone or with friends and family. Your night vision may have improved since you’ve quit.
Treat yourself with the money you’ve saved by not smoking.
- Buy some new clothes.
- Sign up for a class like photography, painting, or cooking.
- Take a road trip.
- Go to a movie with people who supported your quit journey.
Want to remind yourself of your motivations to quit, to keep track of your cessation medications, and track your savings? Get VA’s Stay Quit Coach, a free app that helps you get and stay smokefree.
It’s important to take your quit journey one day at a time. Reward yourself for smokefree days and get support when you need it.